RECENT CHANGES TO COUNCIL RULES OF PROCEDURE
At its February 20, 2018 meeting, Council approved several changes to its Rules of Procedure concerning Council meetings. The major changes are as follows:
- Requiring citizens to sign up prior to the meeting to speak during Public Comment Period; however, if time allows at the meeting, a citizen(s) who did not sign up previously can speak during the Public Comment period.
- If an individual has written comments, said comments are to be given to the City Clerk at the meeting.
- Anyone wishing to be on the agenda as a “Delegation” must make such request 10 days prior to the meeting.
- If a “Delegation” has written comments or presentation, they must be provided to the City Clerk 10 days prior to the meeting to be included in agenda packets.
- Maximum time for a “Delegation” to speak is 10 minutes.
- Miscellaneous administrative issues such as removing language concerning Council “work sessions”.
If anyone has any questions or needs clarification, please contact City Clerk Jenny Tippett at 291-2590.